More winehq.org improvements and issues: About page now links to articles in the wiki

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Tue Aug 4 03:42:55 CDT 2009

On Mon, 3 Aug 2009, Scott Ritchie wrote:

> I have begun some cleanup of the website, starting with the most popular
> pages.  In particular, the about page: http://www.winehq.org/about/
>
> The text is much easier to read for a newcomer to get a general overview
> of the project.

Actually I got the page in French (which is good) so I don't know if I
got the latest version. But I did not find a way to switch the language
on the page (I could reconfigure the browser but that's not reasonable
to expect). So this raises two questions:

 * What's the right way to handle out of date translation?
   Ignore the translation if it's older than the English file?
   Consider each language to be completely independent from the others?
   (i.e. they are not translations of each other but independently
   developped texts and thus cannot be 'out of date'; a bit like the
   Wikipedia articles)

 * Shouldn't we have a way to switch between languages?

Also, the link to the next page still says 'Wine's History: Next'
instead of 'L'historique de Wine: Suivant'. So maybe links are not
localizable? (it could also be that the translation is missing)

          The last time religion ruled, it was called the dark ages.