Wine icon refresh

Detlef Riekenberg wine.dev at web.de
Sat Aug 15 04:57:09 CDT 2009

On Sa, 2009-08-08 at 20:42 +0100, Joel Holdsworth wrote:
> If you want, I can draw a Tango-style icon for it, as part of my work in
> progress wine icon refresh: http://www.airwebreathe.org.uk/wine-icon/

They look nice,
but I have some comments:

idb_std_large.bmp and idb_std_small.bmp:
  The print preview icon looks like a printer and has a lens in on size.
  The printing icon looks like a printer and has a lens in on size
  The search icon looks like the print preview icon on Windows

  You should use seperate icons and properly use the lens.
  For printing, use a printer icon (Windows also use a printer icon
here)
  For the print preview, use something different.
  (Windows is using a full paper sheet with a lens)

  You can test your icons with: wine wordpad

programs:
  The Wine glass do not have a consistent size.
  I prefer using the smaller Wine glass, but then the small icons
(16/22)
  are hard to merge.

winetest:
  The icons for all other programs have the Wine glass on the other
side.

--

By by ... Detlef