Towards leveraging app build and unit tests as a way to test wine

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Wed Aug 26 12:02:37 CDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 9:41 AM, Austin English<austinenglish at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'd like to add a new keyword in bugzilla
>> for bugs that block running an automated
>> build script.  appbuild, maybe?
>
> FWIW, I filed a bunch of bugs found while testing with Appinstall, and
> put (Appinstall) in the title. But a keyword would be nice as well.

In the case of appinstall, putting that word in the title or boty
works pretty well:
http://bugs.winehq.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=appinstall

The reason I would like a keyword for appbuild is because, um,
I haven't put together and named an uber-script that runs all
the known build script.  If I did, then I could just use its name
instead of a keyword.   Maybe I should do that instead.

> FWIW, Firefox has an automated test in Appinstall
> (http://code.google.com/p/winezeug/source/browse/trunk/appinstall/scripts/firefox35.ahk).
> The rest don't, but could easily be added, as time permits (*cough* or
> volunteers come forward *cough*)

Yeah, Austin's appinstall is a great thing.  It's going to
prevent a lot of regressions, I think.
- Dan