d3dx9: Implement converting and copying surface data in D3DXLoadSurfaceFromMemory (review please)

Tony Wasserka tony.wasserka at freenet.de
Sun Aug 30 05:56:26 CDT 2009

Hi,
> If you make those into arrays you will be able to cut down on the code size, and the compiler might like it better.

While I didn't notice any speedups in the code itself, it's a bit
cleaner (especially the format table) now, thanks!
(Come to think about it, it wouldn't have made much sense to talk about
red masks for luminance formats)
> I think it would be better to store this in surface.c since I can't
> think of anything else that would need this.

D3DXCheckTextureRequirements in texture.c will make use of the format
table, since it also needs information about bits per component and
component ordering.