RFC: Fixing kernel32:locale tests on Vista and higher

Ge van Geldorp ggeldorp at vmware.com
Sun Aug 30 14:53:40 CDT 2009

There are quite a few failures in kernel32:locale on Vista+. The attached
patch tries to address those. Although any comment on the patch is
welcome, I'm particularly interested in feedback on the changes to
test_FoldStringW() (the part that starts at "@@ -2081,43 +2136,49 @@
static void test_FoldStringW(void)".)

The problem with this test was that FoldStringW() behaves very differently
on Vista+ for the MAP_FOLDCZONE and MAP_EXPAND_LIGATURES cases. The tests
were broken off after more than 50 failures, if I remove that then I get
7455 failures for MAP_FOLDCZONE and 1350 failures for
MAP_EXPAND_LIGATURES.

Now, it is possible to fix all those failures. However, doing so would
require us to duplicate the tables that Microsoft uses. This is basically
the same problem that we have with the collation tables. To work around
this, I simply skip the test on Vista+, just like we skip the sorting
test. Does this sound like the right approach?

Thanks, Ge.