RFC: Fixing kernel32:locale tests on Vista and higher

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 30 16:10:49 CDT 2009

Greg Geldorp wrote:
> From: James McKenzie [mailto:jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net]
>
>> I would mark the tests broken for Vista and Windows7 but I would not
>> eliminate them for Windows 2003 and lower.  Right now, the conformance
>> is to WindowsXP SP3.  Do the tests work there?
>>

> There are no failures at all on NT4/2000/XP/2003.

Thank you for the update.

>> Also, are we going to move from WindowsXP to Windows7 anytime soon?  We
>> may have 'buy' time to get this fixed without using the tables from M$.
>>

> For the record, they also fail on Vista/2008. I'd be surprised if Wine moved to defaulting to Win7 in the next year, but that's not my decision to make :-).

Vista is something I hope goes away and soon.  Unfortunately, I will be
stuck with using it in my workplace for a while until they get fed up
with all of the complaints and move on to Windows 7.

Is there anything we can do to make the tests pass without using M$
tables?  Can we create tables of our own that will pass?

James McKenzie