Silencing RtlNtStatusToDosErrorNoTeb() a bit

Wolfram Sang wolfram at the-dreams.de
Wed Dec 2 04:05:26 CST 2009

Hello Dmitry,

thanks for your fast reply. Sorry, I might be still missing something, as I am a bit
confused with some details.

Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:

>> Another solution might be to define, let's say, ERROR_WINE_FIXME for all
>> real fixmes and convert them to ERROR_MR_MID_NOT_FOUND.
>
> If a FIXME is not appropriate it should be replaced by a WARN.
> Although most of the places it's used are the places with missing
> functionality.

Well, that's what the fixme does in more than 99% of the cases. The proper
return value is unknown and ERROR_MR_MID_NOT_FOUND is returned as a best fit.
Those cases should be fixed somewhen.

There is just one exception (so far), which does not need the fixme
because ERROR_MR_MID_NOT_FOUND is the intended answer. This is the one I
want to silence, no need for a WARN here?

> A real solution for the problem above is to write a test case

I'd think there is one already?

wsa at katana:~/Tools/wine$ grep 'STATUS_MESSAGE_NOT_FOUND' dlls/ntdll/tests/error.c
     cmp(STATUS_MESSAGE_NOT_FOUND,                ERROR_MR_MID_NOT_FOUND);

> and add a mapping for missing status code(s).

Which would be my second proposal?

Regards,

     Wolfram