RFC: winediag script

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 09:54:51 CST 2009

Hi,

Over the years I have assisted a lot of people setting up Wine. In a
lot of cases Wine doesn't work well because of missing libraries,
pulseaudio, misconfigured display drivers and so on.

I have written a script called 'winediag' which attempts to scan a
system for the most common problems. Right now it contains mostly
display driver related checks and a few basic audio / printing checks.
I hope people have suggestions for most tests e.g. network tests
(/etc/hosts, samba), more thorough driver checks and son. What do you
guys think about it so far? (BTW I'm not a shell guru, so I would love
to get some positive feedback)

Thanks,
Roderick Colenbrander