d3d8 test failure, more details.

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Fri Dec 4 02:44:48 CST 2009

Am 04.12.2009 um 01:26 schrieb David Anderson:

> Thanks to James Mckenzie and Austin English for earlier hints. I've
> installed more stuff (ubuntu packages) and spent a bit more time with d3d8.
>
> I assume most people get these tests to work, so I'm a bit distressed I cannot seem to get
> them to work properly, 100%.
The d3d tests depend a lot on a properly working 3D driver. I personally don't have a lot of trust in the mesa drivers, they often get corner cases wrong.

The first thing I'd recommend if you want to work on wine is to install a 2nd X server installation based on the git code of the X server, mesa, DRi, etc code. There are some howtos how to do that on the net. Don't replace your primary X server because that will screw up your distro and the git code maybe isn't good for productive work.

If the git code doesn't help things, I recommend to look at the GL shader wine generates, check the expected result against what its supposed to do according to GL_ARB_vertex_program. If there are differences, you can try to reproduce them in a stand-alone linux opengl program and file a bug report at bugs.freedesktop.org. If you're unsure about the tech details don't hesitate to ask for help.