Very long printernames and test failures

Detlef Riekenberg wine.dev at web.de
Mon Dec 7 16:38:02 CST 2009

On So, 2009-12-06 at 19:28 +0100, Paul Vriens wrote:

> Some test failures are shown on boxes with long printernames, for example:
>
> http://test.winehq.org/data/17b7ee13fb55e872902be3156610e583e4cd324b/vista_test-on-vista/winspool.drv:info.html
> http://test.winehq.org/data/17b7ee13fb55e872902be3156610e583e4cd324b/win7_153/winspool.drv:info.html
>
> And indeed if I create a local printer with a very long name the cutoff
> is one bigger than what the test is currently doing.
>
> The attached patch fixes that.

I cant find a reason, why Windows is using 2 character for the
terminating zero.
This looks like an Windows bug.
I expect a different behavior on older Windows versions.

> The best test would probably to add a printer in the tests

An addprinter-test with a medium sized name is in my tree, but it needs
some
fixes in our Implementation.
I'm testing with AddPrinter in localspl, but the 16Bit separation got a
higher
priority.

> Any thoughts?
Manual creating printers with the specific length
(CCHDEVICENAME -2 / -1 / +0 / +1) on older OS and run the tests is easy,
but I cant do that before the next weekend.

--

By by ... Detlef