Leaks galore!

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Thu Dec 10 10:58:30 CST 2009

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 9:51 PM, James Hawkins <truiken at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Some of the remaining reported errors in msi are probably my
>> fault - I'm running them in parallel.
> I was wondering why you were getting so many msi test failures and
> errors!  Now I know.  Yes, the msi tests can't be run in parallel,
> even on windows.

The only whitelisted msi tests were source and record; I've removed
them from the whitelist, see
http://code.google.com/p/winezeug/source/detail?r=866

Updated results (with yesterday's git) are at
http://kegel.com/wine/valgrind/logs/2009-12-10-03.53/
As expected, there are few differences except in one file,
http://kegel.com/wine/valgrind/logs/2009-12-10-03.53/diff-msi_record.txt
where nearly all the errors are gone, there's just one leak left in that file:
http://kegel.com/wine/valgrind/logs/2009-12-10-03.53/vg-msi_record.txt

Before: 289 non-leak errors, 981 leak errors.
After:   266 non-leak errors, 982 leak errors.

Most of the errors are in these few files:

vg-kernel32_change.txt    29
vg-rpcrt4_ndr_marshall.txt    29
vg-ntdll_heap.txt    31
vg-ntdll_reg.txt    33
vg-oleaut32_vartest.txt    39
vg-riched20_txtsrv.txt    39
vg-shell32_shlfileop.txt    40
vg-user32_dde.txt    48
vg-msi_db.txt    76
vg-secur32_ntlm.txt    79
vg-riched20_editor.txt    88
vg-jscript_run.txt    239

Those ntdll_heap results (soon to move to kernel32_heap) are all expected
and I will suppress them in the next tally.
- Dan