meaning of "Hardware" field in bugzilla? what about ARM?

André Hentschel nerv at dawncrow.de
Sat Dec 12 12:45:25 CST 2009

Tom Wickline schrieb:
> I was thinking sense your about to revise this area why not just do it
> now and have it over with?
> But yea I suppose Wine support on ARM is in the early stages, but if
> enough people are interested
> in Wine on ARM then the bug reports should start to come in.
>
> It's just a suggestion not a recommendation :)
>
> Thanks,
> Tom
>
> On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 10:45 AM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com
> <mailto:dank at kegel.com>> wrote:
>
>     Sure, once it's far enough along... might be a bit early yet?
>
>>     On Dec 11, 2009 6:15 PM, "Tom Wickline" <twickline at gmail.com
>>     <mailto:twickline at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>

>>     On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 2:35 AM, Austin English
>>     <austinenglish at gmail.com <mailto:austinenglish at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>     > > > Dan and I dis...
>>

>>     If your going to re-work this I would also add ARM to the list,
>>     their has been some work to port Wine  to the ARM processor
>>     lately. Anyone have any objections to adding a ARM selection to
>>     the list?
>>
>>     ARM -> RISC
>>
>>     Cheers,
>>     Tom

I am still working on the port and i think lots of people would like to run windowsapps on arm devices. of course they would need a emulator for that.
Also i have some problems with the port(otherwise i might be finished :), so Dan, i saw on your website that you have some ARM experience, do you have some time to help me with some hiccups?

--

Best Regards, André Hentschel