Edit control messages through Comctl32 v6 module

André Hentschel nerv at dawncrow.de
Mon Dec 14 10:56:46 CST 2009

Nikolay Sivov schrieb:
> On 12/14/2009 18:19, André Hentschel wrote:
>> Roderick Colenbrander schrieb:

>>> In this case Alexandre just wants to know how Windows is doing the
>>> stuff. I believe this test doesn't have to be added to Wine.
>>>

>> As i understood the testcase should look like:
>> A programm with manifest which depends on a dll with e.g. a button-class
>> A dll with a manifest that tells it provides a own button-class and a
>> RegisterClassNameW function that maybe only prints out "Yeah, i got
>> called!"
>>
>> That should run on Windows and produce that message.
>>
> Yes, that's exactly what I tried to do yesterday.
>> Alexandre told me, that he just wants to see that this test works, but
>> its not necessary to add it to wine.
>> I ran into to some issues where windows needed a signed dll to use a
>> manifest with it. I dont know how to manage that correctly, so i got
>> stuck
>>
> What you mean saying signed dll? I've stuck too after a first try cause
> I'm not able to load application at all, a kind of loader error
> produced, which is related to dependency dll specified with manifest.
> After a failure I tried to place a dll into a shared manifest directory
> in WinSxS/Manifests (or something like that). It didn't help.
>
> Did you try an embedded manifest for dll or an external xml?

Looks like the Problem i ran into, too.
I think i got a error-message on the console on winxp.
after some internetsearch i read at msdn about it, and they told to use "signed"(whatever) dlls.
There are some tools in Visual Studio, i tried but they won't sign my dll...
i guess i used http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa375649%28VS.85%29.aspx
and i just found that: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/de-DE/Vsexpressvcs/thread/4b2c9202-a5db-42ce-875b-a05710daf497

i have no access to a win-machine atm with the right environment, so i will concentrate on my ARM-port, but ask me if you have further questions.
--

Best Regards, André Hentschel