winetricks directx testers needed

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 00:56:22 CST 2009

Howdy all,

I e-mailed wine-users a few days ago, but had no volunteers. I know
most of you here aren't the target audience for using winetricks
directx9, but since neither Dan or I game much, we need a guinea pig
;-).

Long story short, someone complained that 'winetricks directx9'
crashes on OS X, but works if the windows version is set to xp instead
of 2k. I've played around with it a bit, and it seems that using xp
gives a different set of installed files. Which one works better for
games, however, I don't know.

So, test it please. If you get wine from SVN, there's a beta of it:
http://winezeug.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/winetricks

just use 'winetricks directx9-beta' for the XP version, and
'winetricks directx9' for windows 2k (on OS X, it forces
directx9-beta). Please let me know which version works better for
games that need it.

Any problems, file a bug at winezeug
(http://code.google.com/p/winezeug/issues/list). For faster service,
shoot me an e-mail, since I don't get e-mail notifications of any new
bugs there...

--
-Austin