winetricks directx testers needed

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 01:14:05 CST 2009

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 1:09 AM, Tom Wickline <twickline at gmail.com> wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> From memory I know dxdiag.exe wont work on Linux if its set to XP the only
> way to get it to work properly is set the windows version to 2k. As for MAC
> I'm not sure, you will need another sucker.. I mean guinea pig to test there
> :)
>
> Maybe have two versions, one for Linux and one for Mac?

Well, currently linux/solaris/bsd has the option. Mac is detected and
forced to use XP. Ideally, there shouldn't be a need to use different
versions, the install should work on all OS's (actually, in a perfect
world, it wouldn't be needed at all ;-)).

There's now a stub dxdiag.exe in wine, so it's not hugely important to
use the native one, to get games to work. I'm not worried about
getting a perfect install of directx9, I just want to know which one
is 'better' or more helpful to applications that want it for some
reason.

--
-Austin