daily 16 bit tests?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Fri Dec 18 11:17:20 CST 2009

Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle wrote:
> there have been a number of 16bit changes lately (accompanied by a
> few regressions) and I've been wondering whether some bot somewhere
> has been setup to execute 16 bit tests (I read that there's a 16bit
> testsuite somewhere, not integrated into Wine tests)?

The procedure for running the 16 bit tests is given at
http://code.google.com/p/win16test/source/browse/trunk/src/README

It'd be great to integrate them into the daily test runs somehow.
Maybe they could at least be incorporated into winetest.exe?

Tips:

When installing openwatcom with winetricks, be sure to
select 'all' rather than 'selective', or you'll end up without
the 16 bit tools you need; the symptom will be 'make all'
fails because it's trying to use 32 bit headers.

About four tests hang currently - you have to kill them with ^C
use touch to bypass them, and rerun 'make tests'.
Of the tests that don't hang, three currently fail.
And it looks like a few of the tests don't pass on all windows machines, see
http://code.google.com/p/win16test/issues/detail?id=1