wine autodetec 32/64 application

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 16:28:58 CST 2009

Hi Giuseppe,

Support for 64-bit is under heavy development and it our goal for Wine
1.2. A simple script to forward execution to 32-bit or 64-bit wine is
not enough. Work is going on to integrate 32-bit and 64-bit Wine.
Parts of the infrastructure for this are already in place (e.g. a
shared wineserver) but other bits for a shared registry and prefix are
still in development. It is not clear how we will invoke 32-bit or
64-bit Wine yet. I would recommend to check out Alexandre his keynote
which discusses 64-bit Wine
http://haar.student.utwente.nl/~julius/wineconf/julliardkeynote2009.ogv

Roderick