avifile tests

Julius Schwartzenberg julius.schwartzenberg at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 13:46:39 CST 2009

Hi,

I still have some fixes for avifile here, but because they are quite
nasty, I thought it'd be useful to have proper tests to show the fixes
are really correct.

Unfortunately there is still a problem with the avifile tests as Detlef
indicated in this mail:
http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2009-November/079693.html

Based on Detlef's patch however, I was able to create an initial patch
which should provide the base for the tests I want to add.
I have attached it here.

The idea of the tests is that I write out a complete AVI file with the
stdio functions and then read it back in using the VFW API and test the
values in the different headers through the API. Later tests will change
the values of the default headers and test how this affects the headers
when they are being read back in. (I discovered Windows' avifil32
overrides some headers with values from other headers, there is some
more info in my previous mails.)

The inlining structure of the current header file is now actually based
on the RIFF tree in the AVI file. Is this useful or should I just use
plain indentation? Should the avi file data really be put in an extra
header or should it be merged with api.c? What do you think of the
general idea of the tests?

Thanks a lot in advance for your feedback!
Julius