Remove cpp_quote hackery from wined3d.idl

Gerald Pfeifer gerald at pfeifer.com
Sun Dec 27 21:49:39 CST 2009

On Thu, 24 Dec 2009, Henri Verbeet wrote:
>> Done thusly.  We just need to move WINEMAKEFOURCC to a local header,
>> the rest of the cpp_quote can go and we lose a couple of dozen warning
>> messages (rightfully) issued by GCC 4.5 snapshots.
> I already sent pretty much the same patch,
> http://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git/?a=commitdiff;h=3288911ae3e3cbd7124ed60d805ff3310f6a21c9

Ugh.  My experience with Wine always has been that if an expert in some
area like you suggests an approach, I'd be the one expected to implement
that.  Thanks for taking care of it this time, though getting a heads up
would have been nice (and would have avoided duplicate efforts).

That said, do you have an idea on how to best tackle the two remaining
cases?

In dlls/wined3d/directx.c we have the following where I wonder whether
you may want to add this to the enum as well?

        case WINEMAKEFOURCC('I','N','S','T'):
            TRACE("ATI Instancing check hack\n");
            if (gl_info->supported[ARB_VERTEX_PROGRAM] || gl_info->supported[ARB_VERTEX_SHADER])
            {
                TRACE_(d3d_caps)("[OK]\n");
                return TRUE;
            }
            TRACE_(d3d_caps)("[FAILED]\n");
            return FALSE;

And in dlls/wined3d/utils.c we have TSTYPE_TO_STR(WINED3DTS_WORLDMATRIX(0))
in debug_d3dtstype which also triggers the warning.

Thanks,
Gerald