Building and packaging Wine Gecko

Jacek Caban jacek at codeweavers.com
Mon Dec 28 14:30:26 CST 2009

On 12/28/09 8:34 AM, Ove Kaaven wrote:
> OK, I've almost got a wine-gecko package built 100% from source, but
> there's a problem: the gcc version in Debian's mingw32, namely gcc
> 4.2.1-sjlj, apparently miscompiles the wine-gecko 1.0.0 sources, the
> resulting Gecko just crashes. (The mingw32 version in oldstable, 3.4.5
> something, compiles it correctly, but I can't reasonably build-depend on
> it, as that version is not even in the current stable.)
>
> (Note that this 4.2.1-sjlj might not suffer from that gcc bug 9381
> mentioned on the wiki, as the testcases for it doesn't seem to crash. Or
> aren't they supposed to crash?)

It does suffer from this bug, these tests are probably not enough to
show it.

> I also seem to recall the gcc 4.4-based mingw32 compiler, available in
> unstable, also refusing to compile those sources at all, due to numerous
> problems with the headers, such as inconsistently declared calling
> conventions for methods and stuff.
>
> I'm not sure what to do about this. Any ideas about something I can do
> to make it build with gcc 4.2 or 4.4?

The only compiler you can use for Wine Gecko 1.0.0 is GCC 3.4.5. Current
Git version uses GCC 4.4 SVN version (waiting for the first official GCC
release). All older compilers are not enough unless you'd patch them
(but that doesn't sound reasonable).

Jacek