avifile tests

Julius Schwartzenberg julius.schwartzenberg at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 20:55:29 CST 2009

Hi Dmitry,

Thanks a lot for your feedback! I should've solved most issues you
pointed me at. I have attached a new version of the patch.

Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> Indentation of above structure and all others below this one look strange.
> 4 spaces would be quite enough.

This was supposed to represent the RIFF tree with the headers being
tested taken out. The bottom part of the data is just needed to allow
both Windows' VFW and Wine's VFW to load the file.

Roderick also just found the indentation strange, so I got rid of it now.

> Do you really need all that separate structures? Wouldn't it be simpler to
> have a single buffer like in dlls/winmm/tests/mmio.c?

The reasons I chose to separate the structures:
To be able to separate the headers out that I specifically want to test.
I added an actual test to this version which shows how I imagine it to
be used. The values can be easily 'corrupted' now using the structures
as defined by the actual VFW headers.
To keep some structure. I only took a proper look at the audio stream,
but if someone has more knowledge on the video stream, they may now just
take the videopropheader array, move it up in the source, structure it
properly and write tests against it.

With the attached patch, all tests pass on MS Windows XP.

Regards,
Julius