[patch] review requested - NamedPipe Message mode (was Reliable Datagram / Stream behaviour of NT Pipes)

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sun Feb 1 02:05:03 CST 2009

> You can't do that stuff on the client side. You either have to do all
> pipe I/O in the server, or add named pipe support in the kernel. The
> latter is harder, but would be much more useful.

 well, not entirely knowing the difference, i'm guessing that i'm
adding named pipe support in the kernel.  starting from
SetNamedPipeHandleState and going from there.

 comparing what i've got so far in the improvements to ReadFile,
WriteFile, NtFsControlIo etc. with the way that it is believed that
this _should_ be done, what is right and what is wrong?

l.