A basic implementation for increased security in wine proposal

Guillaume SH gsh.debianlists at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 06:23:49 CST 2009

Paul,

Basically, yes I don't know what the exploit is (there's no magic in there :
possibility for an exploit is enough to justify action). But I don't ask for
an API breakage, I propose wine to support two modes : one with API misuse
checks and one strictly the same behaviour as Windows.

This leave the choice for users to use wine on the safe side or on the less
safe side.

As I already answered to Marcus, I will go for some reflexion/documentation
on the subject,
Guillaume