DIB Engine - Separated in small patches

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmx.net
Mon Feb 2 09:49:13 CST 2009

> As requested I separated the engine in small patches, trying to keep
> original authors when possible.
> As the post didn't appear here (problem with zipped files, maybe ?),
> I've put it on bug 421 page.
> I whish to know if it can be ok for including on wine tree.
>
> Ciao
>
> Max

Getting large patches into Wine takes time especially drastic changes like the DIB engine. Recently I aksed him about this DIB work on IRC and while he didn't check the patches in much detail yet he has huge doubts whether the chosen design is the good one. (Allen his design wasn't good; Huw his design was better)

I would recommend to invite all the people interested in a DIB engine (Alexandre, Allen, Huw and perhaps others) for a meeting on IRC to discuss the current design and how to proceed.

Roderick
--
Jetzt 1 Monat kostenlos! GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a