Stub DDE interface for Progman.exe

Jeremiah Flerchinger jeremiah.flerchinger at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 13:32:33 CST 2009

On Tue, 2009-02-03 at 22:55 +0800, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> "Jeremiah Flerchinger" <jeremiah.flerchinger at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Stubs basic DDE interface of Progman.exe. Similar to Progman stub in
> > shell32.dll. Both will need to be extended and a 3rd progman interface
> > will need to be added in user32.
>
> Progman DDE interface should be implemented by shell32.dll, nowhere else.

The shell32.dll DDE callback isn't always initialized & handling Progman
calls for all apps. I've seen Progman calls pass through the DDE_client
and DDE_server of user32.dll instead and never go through shell32.dll.

We can have the actual Progman functions in shell32.dll, but at least
user32.dll will have to be able to call & be called by these. I think a
separate progman.c/progman.h in /dlls/user32 to handle calls from all
locations may be preferred. Any suggestions?