New Wine Gecko package

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 5 16:14:38 CST 2009

Jacek Caban <jacek at codeweavers.com> wrote:
>Sent: Feb 5, 2009 12:28 PM
>To: James Mckenzie <jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net>
>Cc: Scott Ritchie <scott at open-vote.org>, wine-devel <wine-devel at winehq.org>
>Subject: Re: New Wine Gecko package
>
>James Mckenzie wrote:
>> Jacek Caban <jacek at codeweavers.com> wrote:

>>> No, it's technically impossible.
>>>

>> Is it possible to build a patch upgrade to 1.0.1 to incorporate the new Gecko or will we have to wait until 1.2 (that is the next stable release)?
>>

>No, it would require too much risky changes. The fact that we need a
>bugfix release proves that it's a bad idea.

This is your opinion and I respect it as you have more experience with Gecko than I.

>Also I don't see any point in upgrading Gecko in 1.0 branch.

It depends on the timeline for the 1.2 release.  If this is a long way off, it may be worth the effort.  If it is a matter of months, then the effort would not be worth it, since this would be a major project.

James McKenzie