New Wine Gecko package

Jerome Leclanche adys.wh at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 01:11:18 CST 2009

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 3:48 AM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> James Mckenzie wrote:
>> It depends on the timeline for the 1.2 release.
>> If this is a long way off, it may be worth the effort.
>
> I don't know.  The 1.1 branch has are lots of improvements
> people want; what's so special about Gecko?
> IMHO we should leave the 1.0 branch alone,
> and just get on with 1.2.

I agree. The potential security issues that have been fixed would
(from what I understood) specifically target Wine. Targeting Wine
1.0.1 would be... pretty restricted. I don't think it's worth
investing time for something like this when 1.2 is coming soon.

> Speaking of which, I wonder which of Alexandre's 1.2 wish list
> features will be done first?
> http://wiki.winehq.org/WineReleasePlan
> Win64 is looking like the front runner at the moment,
> but there were some USB patches recently, maybe
> that will come from behind.

I haven't followed recent discussions about it, but it seemed to me
the DIB engine got the most efforts and work done lately. If it's
accepted and starts being usable, it'd be great

JL

--
Adys