imagicos

Ben Klein shacklein at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 08:59:59 CST 2009

2009/2/8 Tom Wickline <twickline at gmail.com>:
> And your getting the OS and support with the OS.
Wrong. Read the license. They offer absolutely no support for the OS.
You're buying the binaries and that's it. (This could be a violation
of GPL too)

> From what Ive read on this thread all your going to do is run resellers
> away from CodeWeavers and small distro's away from bundling Wine.
I would have thought that small distros would be the worst people to
bundle Wine, especially if they charge for it under the illusion of
support. At least the larger distros have the resources to do limited
support of running apps in Wine before sending them off to winehq.

> Clap, Clap, Clap
>
> I hope you're all happy now!

No matter what you think, this particular distro looks very shifty to
me. Possible license violations (not that I'm an expert, and I'd
welcome an expert opinion).

> Maybe if you tried to be more constructive and less destructive you
> would accomplish allot more then what you have with this Rant,
> flame, troll, fubar thread.

It's still amusing that they list Mac OS X in their "tested Windows
applications" list ...