imagicos

Tom Wickline twickline at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 09:39:31 CST 2009

On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 10:59 PM, Ben Klein <shacklein at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/2/8 Tom Wickline <twickline at gmail.com>:
> > And your getting the OS and support with the OS.
> Wrong. Read the license. They offer absolutely no support for the OS.
> You're buying the binaries and that's it. (This could be a violation
> of GPL too)

They have a support forum, im sure they would help people with issues.

> > From what Ive read on this thread all your going to do is run resellers
> > away from CodeWeavers and small distro's away from bundling Wine.
> I would have thought that small distros would be the worst people to
> bundle Wine, especially if they charge for it under the illusion of
> support. At least the larger distros have the resources to do limited
> support of running apps in Wine before sending them off to winehq.
>
> > Clap, Clap, Clap
> >
> > I hope you're all happy now!
>
> No matter what you think, this particular distro looks very shifty to
> me. Possible license violations (not that I'm an expert, and I'd
> welcome an expert opinion).

What's shitty about it? they are a small distro who is bundling CrossOver
and Wine
and annoucing that they provide  support for a select  number of Windows
applications
and games..  Seems to me you would be delighted by this publisity of Wine.

Also, IneedAname CrossOver Pro cost $69.95 up until yesterday, then it went
on Valintines
Day sale and was ruducet to $59.95 ...

See:
http://www.wine-reviews.net/wine-reviews/cxoffice-linux/codeweavers-valentines-day-sale.html

And even if they are in some way vilolating the GPL by not hosting the
operating systems source
that has absoloutly nothing to do with Wine... You guy's need to take that
up with gnu.org

Tom