EVE online losing its Linux Client

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 9 08:22:28 CST 2009

François Guerraz <kubrick at fgv6.net> wrote:
>Sent: Feb 9, 2009 1:32 AM
>To: Chris Robinson <chris.kcat at gmail.com>
>Cc: wine-devel at winehq.org
>Subject: Re: EVE online losing its Linux Client
>
>On 9/02/09 3:55, Chris Robinson wrote:
>> On Sunday 08 February 2009 6:17:38 pm Zachary Goldberg wrote:
>>
>A great thing would be that they officially support Wine.
>
>Also, if the Mac Wine would have worked better (I know it's Apple crappy
>X11 fault and native Mac's API drivers cocoa language's fault... but
>users don't care), it's very likely that they dropped their mac "native"
>client.

Since there is not a great Wine audience for the Mac, the Eve Online Mac client should not be abandoned just for that reason.  The real reason may be that there is not a great deal of demand for an on-line game interface for the Mac.  Most Mac users loath having to use X11 for any purpose, and a game tops the list.

James McKenzie