Fully automated bisecting with "git bisect run" [LWN.net]

Ben Klein shacklein at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 00:06:39 CST 2009

2009/2/11 nn <saturn_systems at yahoo.com>:
> Fully automated bisecting with "git bisect run" [LWN.net]:
> http://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/317154/5dec0c8146e58b61/
>
> Would this be useful to add to the instructions on the wine wiki.

If I understand this correctly, this is only useful when the
regression is something that can be tested without human interaction.
This makes it virtually useless for Wine, as most regressions involve
loss of functionality some application.

However, it could theoretically be useful for regressions that cause a
complete crash of the application early on. Would it be any faster?
Probably not. Fewer commands to type, since you wouldn't need to run
"git bisect bad" or "git bisect good" every time you test the app.