Wine64 : Trying to load PE image for unsupported architecture (I386)

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+win at mega-nerd.com
Wed Feb 11 15:00:11 CST 2009

Hi all,

I build Wine64 using the instructions here:

    http://wiki.winehq.org/Wine64

While I expected it to not work with my Win64 program I was a little
surprised that when running a WIn32 program I got:

    Trying to load PE image for unsupported architecture (I386)

I realise that the Win64 stuff is experimental but I'm curions, in
the longer term is it expected that one executable will be able to
run both Win32 and Win64 executables?

Cheers,
Erik