Wine64 : Trying to load PE image for unsupported architecture (I386)

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+win at mega-nerd.com
Wed Feb 11 17:46:59 CST 2009

Alexandre Julliard wrote:

> Not really, you'll of course still need to build a full 32-bit version
> of Wine, the 64-bit Wine will never be able to run 32-bit apps.

Ok.

> What
> needs to be improved is that the 64-bit loader should be able to forward
> automatically to the 32-bit one when encountering a 32-bit app.

So there will need to be two executables wine and wine64 and if either is
started with the wrong kind of binary, it will need to run the binary with
the other version?

Would it not be possible to have a single light weight binary that has just
enough code to detect i386 vs amd64 and then execs either wine32 or wine64?

Erik