ntdll: Avoid Potential Infinite Loop

Paul Bryan Roberts pbronline-wine at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 12 02:30:21 CST 2009

Hi,

I expect this patch will be accepted due to precedent - a few months ago
I submitted the same patch for the same problem in a different routine
in a different compilation unit of ntdll.

Yes, I guess the infinite loop does not occur in practice (someone would
have noticed) and I guess it has been there a very long time.  But it
isn't exactly hard to spot - I was speed reading the code looking for
something else.

I've seen a lot of chatter recently about something called Coverity.  I
looked it up on Wikipedia (after checking the spelling).  Apart from
it's obvious use as a conversation piece, is it proving useful to the
project ?

Is there a feedback policy ?

Something like "We think your product is superlative .... but someone
may wonder if your code not finding this bug in our code might be a bug
in your code."

Security :); false sense of security :(

Paul Bryan Roberts