Proposed goal for website: happily usable at 800x600?

Seth Shelnutt shelnutt2 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 07:24:11 CST 2009

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 8:15 AM, Ben Klein <shacklein at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/2/13 SorinN <nemes.sorin at gmail.com>:
> > it could be done with jQuery
>
> I hear this a lot. Is it really such a good idea? I'd argue a site not
> requiring Javascript to function is much cleaner, friendlier and more
> accessible.

I agree, with the no javascript requirement. I can't tell you how
frustrating it is if I am using links from the CLI and I hope a site just to
have it say that because javascript is required I can't access even the
text. Now I really can't see anyone trying to do anything with wine from the
CLI, and not having a xserver open to use a better browser though.