wintrust(3/3): Fix a couple tests on a variety of systems

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 08:41:52 CST 2009

Rob Shearman wrote:
> 2009/2/12 Juan Lang <juan.lang at gmail.com>:
>> Hi Paul,
>>
>>> This is of course on boxes where people dont' run winetest as a
>>> administrator. I'm not sure if ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED is thus actually an
>>> acceptable failure. In other tests we have used skip() for this.
>> Of course that's the reason, but not running as administrator is an
>> acceptable configuration, is it not?
>
> I don't think it should be. There are many variables that can be
> changed that will cause test failures and this is one of them. We are
> already putting a lot of effort into fixing tests that fail just
> because of different versions of DLLs. We don't have the resources to
> spend ensuring that the tests work in every possible configuration and
> if many tests are skipped because of them being not being run as
> Administrator then that isn't going to generate that much of a useful
> test report.
>
> Of course, we should find some way of preventing such reports being
> filed and one of the ways could be to add a check to the winetest
> program.

I sent out an email earlier to ask if we should include more information in the
header of the report. We could use that information, if this change will be
accepted by AJ, to limit the reporting only to boxes were we have admin rights.

As soon as all boxes have zero failures (yeah, right) we can remove that limit.

--
Cheers,

Paul.