Closing fixed bugs

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Sat Feb 14 19:59:20 CST 2009

Dan Kegel wrote:
> A few months ago, Alexandre started including lists of fixed
> bugs in his release announcements.
> See e.g. http://www.winehq.org/announce/1.1.15, which  says
>
> Bugs fixed in 1.1.15:
>    5694  Lionhead Black & White 2 demo crashes
>    7014  Unhandled page fault when exiting Commandos - BEL
>    7297  MIDI in/out fails, ports recognized
>
> I rather like those lists.  He generates them by simply querying
> for open but fixed bugs right when he does the release;
> he then closes the bugs.  They're good for PR if nothing else.

IMHO there are always enough bugs fixed for each release in buzilla. Agreed
meaning for "closed" status was "the fix present in Wine release".

If bug reporter wasn't fast enough to report bug fixed in the 5 minutes
elapsed between AJ pushing new release tag and wholesale closing of all
fixed bugs in bugzilla does that mean we have to wait for 2 more weeks to
close such bugs? Same applies to people closing their bugs themselves after
verifying the fix in latest git. If they not supposed to do that, then
prohibit anyone except AJ from closing bugs.

Vitaliy.