Wine desktop integration: current directory of app launched with doubleclick?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sat Feb 14 21:03:52 CST 2009

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 6:04 PM, Vitaliy Margolen
<wine-devel at kievinfo.com> wrote:
> What happened with 'wine start /unix %f'? Doesn't it work for you?

It turns out that having cxchromium installed
does interesting things to nautilus's treatment
of .exe files.

I think uninstalling cxchromium made things work better.

For reference:

dpkg-query -L wine | grep mime
shows that the ubuntu wine package is creating a file
/usr/lib/mime/packages/wine
which contains lines like

application/x-msdos-program; /usr/bin/wine '%s'; description=Windows Executable
application/x-msdownload; /usr/bin/wine '%s'; description=Windows Executable
application/exe; /usr/bin/wine '%s'; description=Windows Executable

and I presume that's what's controlling the doubleclick
action on .exe's now that I've uninstalled cxchromium.
- Dan