office 2007 student trial downloaded, activated, and started ok!

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sun Feb 15 23:56:18 CST 2009

Golly, Wine must be getting good.  The student trial (though not
the pro trial) of office 2007 from http://office.microsoft.com
seems to install, activate, and start properly with no hacks
at all.

Can't edit the default document though, it says "selection locked".
Guess I'll try the overrides listed in the appdb.
I'm just blown away that the whole download experience worked.
There were two nits:
1) no progress indication other than on the taskbar, and
2) the file was downloaded to $HOME/%MYDOCS%.  Are we
not expanding something properly?