WINEGATE.DLL: Wine gateway to native Unix libraries

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Tue Feb 17 08:34:14 CST 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 4:35 AM, Martin Hinner <martin at hinner.info> wrote:
> Just to add few comments at once, the problem is solved for us
> (libwinegate.dll.so is shipped with the software, we'll have to
> recompile it when libwine/libc changes...),

Wait, what can winegate do that

hdll = LoadLibraryA("libwine.dll");
wine_dlopen = GetProcAdress(hdll, "wine_dlopen");
wine_dlsym = GetProcAdress(hdll, "wine_dlsym");
wine_dlclose = GetProcAdress(hdll, "wine_dlclose");

can't do?  You really shouldn't need to ship winelib dlls.
Can't you compile winegate as a real windows DLL that
just knows about these special wine functions?
- Dan