Status of USB driver support?

emiliano emiespo at tiscali.it
Wed Feb 18 02:40:58 CST 2009

Hi, first of all, thanks for your great effort in adding USB to Wine!

I have an app. needing a Marx Cryptobox USB, here drivers and info:

http://www.marx.com/rc1/en/support_downloads.php

I would like to help by testing it. I've tried to download the etherhack
branch of wine sources and compile it, compiling succeeds, but the
application behaves a bit erratically (graphic buttons are missing, for
example), and this also makes it freeze.

I've also compiled the  master git branch, and that is instead working.

Now I kindly ask: is there a simple way to integrate the official branch
with just the USB patches? I've tried to understand by reading wine wiki
and git manual pages but couldn't figure it out. Some sort of link (or
help, if you can) would be greatly appreciated.

If that USB Key is not of a supportable kind, then I apologize for asking.

Thank you,
Regards.
E.E.