Need help on couple of patches

Igor Tarasov tarasov.igor at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 15:04:28 CST 2009

>> I just cant think of any regression test for that patch. It should
>> test if the notification is really being forwarded?
> Yes, that's what I mean.  You're right, that might be hard, since you
> have to simulate a mouse click.

Now I don't get it. Looked through listview tests and there are not
even one mouse-related test. And my patch could be tested by just
sending HDN_ITEMCLICKW to listview control. And capturing the response
notifications.

But the code is:

static LRESULT LISTVIEW_HeaderNotification(LISTVIEW_INFO *infoPtr,
const NMHEADERW *lpnmh)
{
    switch (lpnmh->hdr.code)
    {
        case HDN_ITEMCLICKW:
        case HDN_ITEMCLICKA:
        {
            notify_forward_header(infoPtr, lpnmh);
        }
        break;

Is that really should be tested for being executed, by simulating
mouse click? Or I just don't understand something?

>> And does that mean that tests for the second patch are also required?
> Required?  Not necessarily, but they always help.  Obviously correct
> patches tend to get applied even without regression tests, but even
> they would benefit from them.

Okay, gonna try.