Win to Lin Library Wrapper

Jérôme Gardou jerome.gardou at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 16:47:47 CST 2009

Henri Verbeet a écrit :
> 2009/2/18 Jérôme Gardou <jerome.gardou at gmail.com>:
>
>> Out of curiosity, would moving to this sort of architecture
>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms799715.aspx be possible? That
>> may give manufacturer the possibility to develop wine-direct3d drivers
>> and support what wine does not support. This would require a major
>> architecture change in the current wine's d3d implementation though.
>>

> Possible sure, but I don't think it would be worth the effort. IIRC
> ddraw support might be a problem as well.

Well, the fact is that wined3d is a bit d3d8/9 centric, and integrating
DXGI and d3d10/11 might as well be tricky. I've seen that some work had
begun, and I'm quite curious on which design decision you will make.

As of ddraw, wouldn't it be possible to write it on top of d3d9, as it
is already done with wined3d.