msi: begin support for finding network last sources in find_published_source

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 23:02:15 CST 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 12:28 PM, Aric Stewart <aric at codeweavers.com> wrote:

> Fix for office 2007 sp 1 install.
> ---
>  dlls/msi/media.c |   33 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I believe you're going down the wrong road with respect to the Office
2007 SP1 installer.  None of the files installed/patched by SP1 need
access to the original media, or stored local copies of the cab
archives.  With the fullfile install (which I'm not sure there's
another version), you should be able to remove the original media,
erase the stored cab files, and successfully install SP1.  The fact
that our implementation tries to access those cabs or the original
media is the bug.  There are many conditions and variables that factor
in to whether a file should be reinstalled or not, and most of them
have been fixed, but this patch is hiding all of the rest of the bugs.
 I'm not sure if you got the email I sent Jer about this problem, but
the real bug is that we aren't handling the REINSTALL variable
correctly (or REINSTALLMODE for that matter.)  Can you please describe
the exact case for why this patch is needed?

--
James Hawkins