[12/13] fusion: Sort the list of assemblies built during enumeration.

Ben Klein shacklein at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 05:06:08 CST 2009

2009/2/20 Hans Leidekker <hans at codeweavers.com>:
> On Friday 20 February 2009 08:38:09 James Hawkins wrote:
>
>> > It would hurt overall performance if we do it at the directory API
>> > level, so the same logic does not apply.
>> >

>> I'm not advocating adding it to the directory API.  I'm saying if we
>> don't care about it at that level, then we shouldn't care about it in
>> fusion, and we certainly shouldn't add that functionality to fusion
>> where it doesn't exist in native fusion.
>
> Where that functionality exists in Windows is an implementation
> detail, we don't have to copy that.

I don't know the details, but this is not the mentality of Wine. The
problem is if some application expects a particular behaviour, that
behaviour needs to be replicated in Wine. Binary compatibility is
important, so Wine tries to be bug-for-bug compatible.

This might be off-topic for this thread, but I feel it is relevant.
Feel free to ignore or correct me if I'm wrong here.