Icehamster?

Shlomi Fish shlomif at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 15:44:31 CST 2009

Hi Seth!

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 4:46 AM, Seth <seth.goldy at gmail.com> wrote:
> ..or possibly Winapt.   I read through your documentation and i am quite
> interested in your idea.  I'm not much of a programmer, but i have a
> need knowledge of windows, registry, what dlls are doing, how to find
> dependencies, and who knows what else.  I've been around windows since the
> age of 9 with windows 3.1  I've recently come to grips with the value of
> open source software and the superiority of the Linux operating system (ie.\
> the reason why it's more secure, not just the fact that it is).  I'm mostly
> curious if you're still actively pursuing this project, I didn't assume that
> i would be needed as a contributor to this project.

I never really started pursuing Winapt. Most I got to was the initial
planning documentation:

http://svn.berlios.de/svnroot/repos/winapt/winapt/trunk/docs/design/

Anyway, it is my intention to start working on this soon. I have a few
loose ends to sort out before that with my other open-source
endeavours.

Regards,

-- Shlomi Fish