Wine download page usability problem

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sun Feb 22 08:51:31 CST 2009

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 4:45 AM, Kai Blin <kai.blin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Please try http://kegel.com/wine/distro.html
>
> Konqueror 3.5 on an unknown distribution Linux an unknown CPU!
> userAgent Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Konqueror/3.5; Linux) KHTML/3.5.10 (like
> Gecko) (Kubuntu)

Yeah, that's https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/332339, and rather
unlikely to be fixed unless a lot of people push for it.

I think the upshot of this experiement is that
we should use the useragent info when it's helpful
(which is most of the time, since Firefox on Ubuntu
and several othe distros has the needed info),
and just keep on as we were doing when it's not
(which should only be 20% or so of the time).
- Dan