faultrep:display useful information in ReportFault

Chris Robinson chris.kcat at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 15:27:40 CST 2009

<jerome.gardou at gmail.com>wrote:
> > And ReportFault would be "Your application crashed because of unexpected
> > behaviour. Please report a bug to http://bugs.winehq.org. Don't forget to
> > attach /tmp/wine.0.log. Please be kind and search for existing bug before
> > reporting."
>
> For the people I know that sounds like it would work.  Provided that that
> message appeared as a dialog (if run without a terminal) and they wouldn't
> need to do anything special to activate the feature then I think that would
> help a lot for the non-terminal-savvy folks.

Having the information there of why it crashed would be nice too, especially
if it's hard to reproduce. Knowing what the fault was, and where (with a
backtrace if possible) can give the more development-inclined people
information of where to look for the issue, instead of needlessly trying to
make it crash again or go digging around in log files.