faultrep:display useful information in ReportFault

Erich Hoover ehoover at mines.edu
Mon Feb 23 10:39:22 CST 2009

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 7:44 PM, Ben Klein <shacklein at gmail.com> wrote:

> #include <unistd.h> and use isatty() would be the correct way to do
> it. But is a dialog box that only appears when not being run from a
> terminal really such a good idea?

Does wine have a global handle to a file descriptor that can be used in a
call to isatty()?  My suggestion (maybe this wasn't clear) was to normally
output the diagnostic information to the console, but if the console is not
available (if wine was launched from a desktop icon, for example) then to
pop up with a dialog.

Erich Hoover
ehoover at mines.edu