appdb issue: can't search for apps platinum on 1.0.x!

Ben Klein shacklein at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 16:34:44 CST 2009

2009/2/28 Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org>:
> Ben Klein <shacklein at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Maybe someone should tell them that 1.0.1 is "broken" compared to
>> latest development release. This isn't untrue - 1.1.15 has better
>> success with a lot of apps.
>>
>> Basically, someone should tell them that Wine's "stable" branch is
>> just a code freeze, and has nothing to do with crash-resistant
>> stability.
>
> That's not true, we spent a lot of time fixing regressions for 1.0, and
> it's clearly higher quality than many of the development snapshots. Of
> course some apps may work better in 1.1.15, but some are broken too.
>
> Saying 1.0.1 is too broken to be supported is silly, it was working just
> fine 6 months ago, and it is still working fine for many apps.

I don't see a 1.0.2 being developed though. I'm sure there are still a
lot of bugs that could be fixed in 1.0.1 - correct me if I'm wrong
here. But I based my statement on the fact that many users on #winehq
have come in with a problem in 1.0.1, and upgrading to the latest
available development version fixes their problem.